Sunday, January 11, 2009

"My baby is turning 24.....what?"

                                                                

On Tuesday I celebrated my 25th birthday, and it was one of the best birthdays I have ever had.  I will say that with every year, your birthday or at least my birthday, seems to be less and less important.  I don't mean to be "Debbie Downer" at all, but you have to admit that having a birthday in your mid 20's is not as fun as it was when you turned 16 or even 21.  With each year there is a milestone you reach, and so far I have reached a lot of important ones-my 15th birthday-getting my permit, 16-getting my license, 18-becoming an adult (in society that is), being able to vote, 21-drinking, you get the picture.  This year was so weird on my birthday.  It didn't feel like my birthday. I literally forgot it was my birthday until Hunter presented me with a sweet birthday card while I was getting ready for work.  I fully expected for it to be just another day, but as the day went on my sweet family and friends made sure it was not.  My dad left me a sweet birthday message saying that he couldn't believe his baby was turning 24.  When I heard 24 I couldn't help but laugh! I literally fell out of my chair, but it's ok...I'm ok with people thinking I'm 24!

I am so thankful for a sweet family.  On my actual birthday my sister and brother-in-law had me over for dinner.  It was such a nice, home cooked meal! My brother-in-law, Gavin, bought me a sweet cake, and my sister made homemade smores-yumm!!! It was such a cool birthday to share with everyone.  I now have my sweet husband, a new family, and my niece and nephew are getting so big! Jack was adorable! He helped me open my presents, and he loved helping me blow out my candles! Clara is getting so big, and she continues to become more beautiful with every day she grows older.  She will definitely be a great shopping buddy for her Aunt Missy someday!  On Saturday night, I was very blessed to be able to celebrate my birthday again! My parents had Dedee and Stuart, Hunter and myself, and Brent for another yummy dinner.  To top the night off, my sweet daddy bought me a COOKIE CAKE! It was so good, and it was everything I had been craving for a whole year.  My dad said when he went to pick it up the lady at the counter asked if he was celebrating his little girl's birthday (as in a little girl)!! He was shocked that someone would ask him that because he doesn't exactly look like he would have a baby, but he didn't argue. He said,"Well yes, it is for my baby girl."  I thought that was so cute, and it made me realize how much I will always feel like his baby girl! We had a great night of laughing, celebrating, and relaxing with family (minus my sister and brother-in-law which we all missed very much)!

2 comments:

Stacy and John said...

That's hilarious, but very sweet. Your sweet dad! Happy bday Mel!

Linda Fiske said...

OH MY GOSH...I can't wait to chat w/my "little" bro about his "little" girl!

Happy 25th Melissa. May all your dreams come true.

XX,
A LAF