Thursday, October 16, 2008

Secret Trip and 6 Zany things

Tomorrow, October 17, is Hunter's 25th birthday. I have planned a surprise birthday trip for him now for over 2 months. Hunter's parents are also going with us on our surprise destination. Hunter is the only one who does not know where we are headed. This is HUGE for me because for those of you reading who know me very well, know I can NOT keep what I call "happy secrets!" Gavin, my brother-in-law, realized early on that I was not one to tell good secrets to because I get too excited. One Christmas he told me he was getting my sister a diamond and pearl ring. He made me promise not to slip his news to anyone-especially Janelle. I was so excited that I could hardly stand it. Janelle knew this, and all she did was ask one time and it was over. From that point on my family usually keeps these "happy secrets" hidden from me because they know I may spoil them. It's kind of sad, but I have learned to accept it! But this time--I have done a great job hiding it! The only clues or details I have given Hunter for this weekend are...
1) We are going out of town

2) Pack walking shoes

3) You will be able to watch the Alabama game (in Bryant Denny or on television)

4) We are leaving very early (5 am) in the morning on Friday, October 17

5) He needs one nice outfit to wear

6) He will not need a sweatshirt or fall clothes to keep himself warm

So needless to say he is confused, but I'm keeping it that way! Tonight I will unveil the big trip at his family birthday dinner in Montgomery. I'll update my blog on Monday for everyone to see how our trip goes! I'm interested to see what everyone thinks it is....if you read this today, please guess where you think we are going. For those of you who already know....don't say a word!!!!!!!!!!
Hunter's 24th birthday!

Now for the 6 Zany things about me


1) I apply lipstick and lip gloss almost every hour unless I am sleeping of course

2) I sometimes like to listen to sad music so I will cry and release tension or anxiety

3) I love driving someone else's car and pretending it's mine-weird I know!!!! It's especially fun when it's a fast, cool car!

4) It is hard for me to wear tennis shoes because I have to have my shoes laces perfect with each bunny ear on his own side-a little OCD I know!

5) I always pick at Hunter's eyes because he always seems to have an eyelash in the corner or tear stains (is that what they are called?) It drives him crazy!

6) I will open a full soft drink or a water bottle with the full intention just to take a couple sips and then let it sit for a while. This also drives my husband crazy!


What are you zany about?

1 comment:

full chroma said...

Well hello there! Good to hear from you Melissa. I am doing great and I hope newlywed life is treating you well. Keep in touch!