Monday, September 15, 2008

Friday night at the movies...

So one of our favorite couples, Elise and Clayton, joined Hunter and I Friday night for dinner and a movie. We had dinner at Cafe' Lazio which I highly recommend for pizza and beer. Afterwards we headed to the Rave for one of the best movies I have ever seen. Clayton and Hunter went to see "Burn After Reading" with Brad Pitt, etc. Elise and I enjoyed a much needed girl movie-"The Women!" It was an adventure to say the least. I'm laughing as I type this blog. Let me set up the situation:
Elise and I walking into the theater
Elise: " There is NO where to sit."
Me: "Of course there is, follow me."
I walk over to three rather large women and politely ask them to move over 1 seat so my friend and I can sit and enjoy the movie. Elise is tapping me on the shoulder and saying, "Hey! What are you doing?!" I look at her and say, "Shut up! I have everything under control." While this is happening, the women are picking up their purses, popcorn, drinks, etc. all to move to leave ONE seat. They were laughing at me so hard that I was humiliated! I thought there was more then one seat or else I would not have asked them to move. At this point I feel like a complete idiot and walk to the front section. Elise and I squeeze into two seats on the end with our heads tilted all the way back to be able to see the screen. The movie is literally starting, and I jump up to get us some snacks for the movie (thinking I would be back in time for the beginning). Boy was I wrong! I stood in line for 10 minutes to buy drinks and candy. When I returned, the lady sitting in front of Elise was another rather large woman and asked me if her seat was leaning too far back. I immediatly said, "Of course not! You're fine sweetie!" I didn't want her to feel bad about it. Elise looks at me and says, "Since when are you sitting in my chair? Let me be the one to decide that!" We both started dying out laughing and everyone gave us mean looks.

Needless to say the movie was hysterical and sad at the same time. It was defiantly a movie you want to see with a best friend or sister because it is real life situations. I know in about 10 years I will want to see it again because the story will seem more real to me. Elise and I talked during the whole movie, making comments about the women and what they should do in that situation. I highly recommend this movie to any woman of any age because at one point in your life you might find yourself looking in the mirror wondering, "Is this really happeneing to me?"
This is my favorite part of the movie:

Enjoy!!!

P.S.
Elise-thanks to a great night! I love you!

1 comment:

Elise Hollinhead said...

I completely agree with Mel! This movie was such a great movie to see with your girlfriends and has aspects that anyone can relate to. Yes, we had a lot of laughs NOT related to the movie too! I love spending time with you and Hunter and can't wait to do it MANY more times! LOVE YOU TOO!