Friday, September 26, 2008

It was 88 days before Christmas, and all through the house...

Ok I know this is early, but I cannot contain myself! People always say that Christmas is their favorite holiday, but for me Christmas is so much more. I get so excited about it that I obsess over decorations, wrapping paper, buying presents, angel trees, ornaments, you name it! Last year I drove Hunter nuts because I started my tradition of playing Christmas music in the car on October 1st. Needless to say he was not prepared for it. I am excited to say that I am only 4 days away until my Christmas music hits my cd player. Every year I download a new mix of Christmas classics, mixed with some remakes from Michael Buble, George Strait, etc. This year will be no exception. This weekend I plan on making my 2008 Christmas playlist.

Apart from the festivities, the thing I am most excited about is spending my first Christmas with Hunter. When we were engaged, we went to California to visit my family. While we were there we went to Disneyland and bought an "Our First Christmas" ornament with Mickie and Minnie being a bride and groom. I have placed this ornament in our special spot for Christmas decorations. I also am going to carry on a tradition passed down from my parents. I will buy one Christmas ornament a year. Not just any ornament, but a special Christmas ornament that has a sentimental meaning for Hunter and I. Down the road I will also buy our children an ornament so that when they get married or move out on their own, they will have enough ornaments to decorate their own tree.

Here are some things I have already purchase or are on my wish list for decorations, ornaments, etc.


Hunter and I have our stockings! I ordered these stockings from Pottery Barn with some leftover credit from our wedding. Hunter's is green with his name monogrammed, and mine is red with my name on it. Susie's will be next!







Dedee has graciously given us wreaths to decorate with. I want to buy a stand for it at Old Time Pottery for only $10!





I love this wrapping paper! I found something similar at the Dollar Tree for of course...$1 a roll! You can't beat that!




This is similar to our ornament!

1 comment:

Stacy and John said...

This makes me smile. I love Christmas, too and can't wait to decorate. :)